Friday, June 3, 2011

Hard times for dreamers.

The longest, strangest dream of my life occurred mid-afternoon today, after an unplanned nap in the middle of rereading Nine Stories, immediately after finishing "Pretty Mouth and Green My Eyes," in particular. It involved my mother, a nunnery, grocery shopping, Meyer lemons, someone I know from my college life, a theatre troupe, someone I know from my home life, a celebrity I've never met, a completely fictional character whose name I definitively "knew" although of course I must have made it up myself, medieval torture, a boarding school of sorts, bike-riding, spirit animals, balloons, flying, someone I just met this weekend, a fictional character, swooning, a medical emergency, and true love.

I'm taking this as a sign that it's time to start this blog.

0 comments: