Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Until the very end.

It's been a while since my last update. Sorry (to all three of my readers). I spent the last few days in and around Chicago, trying to relive Ferris Bueller's Day Off with limited success, although I did learn a lot about art and architecture along the way. On the home front, I've been trying to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for the greatest cinematic event of my lifetime:

I couldn't exaggerate my excitement if I tried. When I was in fifth grade, I spent half a year researching for an independent study on all things Harry Potter, compiling a hefty biography on J. K. Rowling (stands for "Joanne Kathleen" -- her publishers suggested she use her initials to avoid alienating young male readers; lacking a middle name, she adopted her grandmother's first name), creating a collage larger than my entire eleven-year-old upper body, and becoming irritatingly Hermione-like in my inability to stop blurting out the origins of character names in casual conversation. I got an A++++. True story.

There's not much point to this post but to stall until I start re-reading Deathly Hallows again, one last time before everything changes. Of course, after the movie ends, I can just start all over again, and again, and again.

0 comments: